Monday, October 10, 2016

Ahh nursing school pre-requisites... So many classes, so little fun. I suppose if you absolutely adore science and math classes, then you might consider them fun, but I would imagine the majority of pre-nursing students struggle through some, if not most, of their pre-reqs. This seems mostly true if the anatomy and/or physiology classes are specifically designed to filter out those students for the nursing program. Which seems to be the case most of the time. Anyways I am more than halfway done with these pre-req classes and I am ready for spring semester to be over. I will be the one running out of the school doors praising Jesus!

So, the pre-requisites that are required for my admission to the RN program I will be doing are:

  • Microbiology
  • Human Anatomy
  • Human Physiology
  •  Chemistry
  • Statistics
  • Various Humanities classes
  • Various English classes
  • Sociology

I've completed all of my pre-reqs except those which I am taking this semester and next. The classes I still need are Human Physiology, a Reading/Writing Class, and Chemistry. So far this semester, I am actually enjoying my classes, which has actually made things a little easier than they have been in the past. I never thought I would actually say that, but it’s true. 

However, I currently have a love/hate relationship with my Human Physiology class because I love learning about the human body and how it functions, but the tests are SOOO hard. Because I want to do super well in my classes this school year, making A’s and B’s, my perfectionist side has somewhat taken over. So when I got a C on my first test, I freaked. But thank goodness for homework assignments and Lab. They are the true lifesaver and will probably be what pulls me through this class.

My Reading/Writing class has been an interesting one. Its not at all what I expected it to be, and I think that's a good thing. This class is more of a discussion/peer involvement type class. I love to talk to people and discuss things. That makes me happy. I have done well so far in this class and plan to continue that throughout the rest of the semester.

Needless to say, I am overly excited to be getting closer to finishing my pre-reqs for this program. It has been a long, monotonous journey. Nursing school seems to be right at the tips of my fingers and I can almost touch it. I will be applying at the end of spring semester and if I am accepted, I will begin nursing classes in the fall of  2018. 




No comments:

Post a Comment